Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how wide of rims our 6th Gens can take? Currently i have 17X7. I wanna get something around 8, 8.5, is that possible without rubbing the wheel well and murdering my turning radius?

·
Registered
273 Posts
6th Gen can take up to 8 without rubbing the wheel well or murdering ur turning radius. 8.5 might be cutting a little close, but Do-Able. I use to have RH C5 18x8.5 and I didn't have any problems w/ turning or rubbing. I also would'nt go any less than a 40 sidewall, since you'll have no protection against potholes and whatnot. Personally, I would recommend 17's- (less clearance problems) or 18's-.

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
I think max you could get away with is 8.5" wide. At that width the max wheel size you could probably get away with is 18". It also depends on your offset so you might want a higher offset to accommodate your wider wheels and tires.

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
with a flushed 1 finger drop.... will 18inch rims with an offset of +40 with 220/40/18 tires fit with no rubbing??? better if the offset is 45?

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
yea man, alot better of an offset would be 45. i have a +42 on my 17x7's with a 215/50 tire, and ill rub in the rear sometimes. with a +40 offset on 225's, i deff thinks any of us accord owners would rub, not even depending on tire size, the offset is a little too low. ive seen 6th gens with 40 offsets tho, and people have posted things about them. i remember this one guy posted pics and his tires actually stuck out of the fenders, like noticably. as for width, i dont think we could handle anything more then 8.5 wide, cuz whats that a 235, 245 tire? and people who put the TL rims on run a 235 tire and thats about max tire width for us.

·
Registered
108 Posts
how can u find out the offset? i dont understand that really well! i am gonna buy 18x8 and i am gonna drop it 2 inches! i hope it wont rubb.... and tires i will be getting, 225/40/18
is that good????
but offset i am confused!

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
What wheels are you buying? The manufacturer should include the offset information. Offset can be explained here.

And if your wheels are really 8" wide you can get wider tires.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Doctor_X said:
What wheels are you buying? The manufacturer should include the offset information. Offset can be explained here.

And if your wheels are really 8" wide you can get wider tires.

i am buying it on wheelsnext.com what is recommaded on the offset? sitll a lil confused but your help works! thanks

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Anything lower than like a 38+ offset and you will probably rub with 7.5" wide wheels. I have a 48+ offset on my wheels for instance, and they don't really rub that much and I have 0 - 1 finger gap.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Doctor_X said:
Anything lower than like a 38+ offset and you will probably rub with 7.5" wide wheels. I have a 48+ offset on my wheels for instance, and they don't really rub that much and I have 0 - 1 finger gap.

hey thanks dr. ;)
so i guess i will ask when i buy it. its def. 18x8, ill make sure it would be around 48+
thanks agian

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
I have 17x7 and +38 offet with 215 / 50 / 17 tires ..

No rubbing anywhere and I am dropped with not even a 3/4 finger gap front and rear ..

I dont know how I do it but I did it =]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts