Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
member since forever
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i put aftermarket speakers in, will the stock speaker cover still fit? I ask because on our front speakers, the shape is a little different of the cover.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
It depends on the depth of the speaker, and if you will need to use a speaker spacer or modify the stock basket. Lemme know what kind of speaker your getting. If it's a pioneer, eclipse, kenwood, sony coax... they are pretty shallow and basically drop right into the stock basket with no problems.

The max depth is about 1 15/16inches.. but even 3 inch depth speakers can be made to fit in the front doors with spacers and shaving of the inner door panel skin. :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Got any hot tips for adapting a Kenwood KFC-1677 in the front?
I've also got Blaupunkt PCxi652's, but I'd much rather go with the Kenwoods.

= = = = =Depth = = = Height
Car:- - - -1 15/16"- - - 1/2"
Knwd:- - 1 7/8"- - - -13/16"
Blpkt:- - - 2.2" - - - - - .52"

How can I install any of these speakers and still let fit my stock grill and have my windows go completely down?
Spacers?

thx

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Both of those speakers can be easily installed by creating a simple wooden 3/4 MDF spacer. Use the stock bracket as a outline and trace it onto a 3/4 MDF board. Cut it out drill some holes and voila you have you're own custom spacer. Even a 1/2 inch MDF will be fine for those speakers, once you get into the 3 inch depth, that's where things can get a little fishy.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i'm sorry, MDF?

the kenwood's depth will fit, but the height is more than car specified, would that be a problem in itself?

thanx

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
hmmm if it's an oversized 6.5.. you'll have issues using the stock bracket for direct fitment. Standard 6.5s will not be a problem.. but then again you will need to create a spacer. MDF is medium density fiberboard.. a material commonly used in subwoofer box assembly and for us spacer rings :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
so wait, what does the height refer to? the speakers shouldn't be oversized in itself. They are afterall 6 1/2 inchers... correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought the height was refering to tweeter protrusion...

??

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Hmm I thought height meant the diameter of the basket. My mistake, I think you are right.. :) in that case there is a good 1/2 space between the inner edge of the stock grill panel and rounded plastic rim on the plastic inner panel. :D If you take off the door panel and you'll see what I'm talking about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts