Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drive an 04 accord coupe V6 sitting on 04 TL wheels 17X8 45 offset with stock 235/45/17. I found a set of used aftermarket rims 18X7.5 *40 offset* with 225/40/18 tires. My car is lowered to the point where theres no wheels gap front and back. Base on the amount of drop i have now and the TL wheels, will the aftermarket rims work without rubbing with such low offset????? I need to know before i buy it. thanx.

what effects will i have with 40 offset wheels like in steering, handling, braking, and accelerating?????

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pls. i need to know. the guy (seller) wont let me try it on. Hes in a rush whoever gives him the money gets it, i want to get this so bad.

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
it WILL rub for sure on a 6th gen, but for a 7th gen, there seems to be a little bit more space i nthe wheel well.

Ur handling won't really be that affected,

·
Registered
48 Posts
Shouldn't.

Regarding the effects on handling, not much - 45mm vs. 40mm is a 5mm difference. It will look better with the 40mm offset - flush.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i didnt get the wheels, i tried it on looked great but theres not enough room it will rub.
Thanx guys for you help.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
WRONG it will not rub....and i kno that because i used to have 18x7.5 with 225/40 tires with +40 offset...and i did not rub...i was too lowered with no gap....now if u had 235 tires....it willl rub because of the wider tires...the rims would be flush....here is a pic...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh ok thanx accord03. I was the one who tried it on so i know better.
Why did you change the rims to stock CL wheels???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts