Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have a question. I am re wiring my car, and the first time when I was running speaker wire into the door I messed up the rubber peice that covers all the wire. I am going to cut the other side off to make it easier to put more wire on. I am trying to think of the best way to cover the wires. I dont really wanna wrap em in electrical tape as its ghetto and the metal entries on either side might eventually cut through them. I was also thinking of using the plastic wire loom but I dont think its too flexible and might crack, Anyone else got any other ideas? I will find a way to seal the holes later. I do not want to have to cut and reconnect all the wire so the wire loom seems like the best decision so far.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Loom will get brittle and crack over time, there is a reason that they use rubber there. If it was me I would oreder a replacement part and run it properly, yes a pita, but it will work and look good

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I dont think the replacement part has a split in it as far as I saw so how am I supposed to get the wires inside

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Well I dont think the replacement part has a split in it as far as I saw so how am I supposed to get the wires inside
disconnect everything in the door and back it out of the door, remove the old one and install the new one over everything goin ginto the door.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts