Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Superccord
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone.

Alright, so I got these neon bars which I want to wire to the interior of my car. They are actually radio bars. Meaning they'll light up according to the music or you could leave them on all the time. They sound sort of cheesy but are actually pretty cool. Thing is they are wired to a controller.

This controller:

and the sensor for the music is on the controller. So for each neon bar there is a controller. Well since I want to run two neon bars in the footwell, I am supposed to use two controllers. And of course, the neons flash at different times even when the controllers are placed close to each other. (Yeah I tried it)

So what I wanted to do is run two neons to one controller. Thing is each controller only has one input for the neon bars. So what I wanted to know was if there was sort of a splitter for this size input that would allow to plug two plugs into that one plug. sort of like this:

I'm not too sure what the size is so I put a standard headphone plug input next to it. (The white one is the headphone plug) And a quarter for comparison.

the board

controller

thanks everyone.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
haha i believe thats output, not input.

i notice there are only two contacts on that jack, compared to the three contacts for a 3.5mm headphone jack. i think your best option is to just cut off the end, and open up the insulation about an inch. you'll see two smaller insulated wires inside the big one. spice two of them together, and then back onto the cut end of the jack. tape or heat shrink everything when youre done.

·
Superccord
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sumptimwong said:
haha i believe thats output, not input.

i notice there are only two contacts on that jack, compared to the three contacts for a 3.5mm headphone jack. i think your best option is to just cut off the end, and open up the insulation about an inch. you'll see two smaller insulated wires inside the big one. spice two of them together, and then back onto the cut end of the jack. tape or heat shrink everything when youre done.
Well I really did not want to connect the neons to the board just in case I ever had to take anything apart quickly or god knows what.

so there's no splitter for that size plug?

·
Superccord
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
04accordcoupe said:
since your doing this can you get me some picture lol if the thing lited up in the dark so i can see how bright it is

here we go. sorry for the bad quality, but it's from my phone.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Boovila said:
Well I really did not want to connect the neons to the board just in case I ever had to take anything apart quickly or god knows what.

so there's no splitter for that size plug?
no, what i meant was to connect the two LIGHTS together into one JACK, and then u can use that jack to plug into just one controller.

its not a common plug, so my guess would be that there is no such splitter. look around though

·
Registered
498 Posts
That looks like 1/8 inch, mono to me (the black one with the quarter if thats what ur talking about). Radio shack should have a splitter for that.

·
Superccord
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh alright. Thanks guys. Yeah I was gonna run two wires to one jack but though it would be more trouble than it's worth.

Again, thanks guys

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
no. 3.5mm is a stereo jack, and 1/8" is a mono jack. the mono is smaller than the stereo, like you noted in an earlier post. also, you will notice that the stero jacks have three regions on them (separated by two black bands), while the mono plugs have only two regions (separated by only one black band)

·
Superccord
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sumptimwong said:
no. 3.5mm is a stereo jack, and 1/8" is a mono jack. the mono is smaller than the stereo, like you noted in an earlier post. also, you will notice that the stero jacks have three regions on them (separated by two black bands), while the mono plugs have only two regions (separated by only one black band)
Oh. All I seem to find is two mono's to one 3.5mm . damn lol

·
Registered
498 Posts
Your best bet is to just go there and try some out, if they fit/work with something else. Radio shack is cool about it, they usually let u open stuff and try it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts