Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i havent seen my car since wednesday evening..havent driven her since then either...im having withdrawal symptoms...

that confirms it. i cant ever switch to an auto, even if its an SMG..

all i want now is a LSD and some beefy tires to handle the powaaahhh!!! lately 3rd gear has been chirping on me,,,

:eek: :confused:

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hondaism said:
I feel your pain i have to drive mine at least 3 times a day to get my fix.
its seriously the only reason i dont mind waking up ass early (6 am) to enjoy NJ highway with no traffic, and why i work ass late (8pm or later).

also the reason why i got the valentine1, the aem v2m and a deleted exhaust system.

i really want to hook this car up, but uncle sam, social security and most of all my former employer just decided to eiffel tower me roundkey style.

:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
758 Posts
OwAce said:
its seriously the only reason i dont mind waking up ass early (6 am) to enjoy NJ highway with no traffic, and why i work ass late (8pm or later).

also the reason why i got the valentine1, the aem v2m and a deleted exhaust system.

i really want to hook this car up, but uncle sam, social security and most of all my former employer just decided to eiffel tower me roundkey style.

:mad: :mad:
you think you're going through withdrawl!? I've not had my accord in 3 weeks, getting this BS fixed:

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we should form a crazy group like FATHERS FOR JUSTICE, that makes sure we drive our cars at least once a week. ;-)

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
Ever since someone hit my car in the parking lot, and my dad declined to put on SSP's for a drop, Ive been sorta disgusted to drive my car for some reason. :gotme:

I dont feel that urge to drive it because I cant mod it. :mad:

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
my dad declined to put on SSP's for a drop, Ive been sorta disgusted to drive my car for some reason. :gotme:
your own money? or dads?

·
863 Posts
i have a window desk at work, and see my car, and think "oh, to be there, instead of here in this cubicle...."

*sigh* I'm staring at her right now.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
OwAce: said:
i havent seen my car since wednesday evening..havent driven her since then either...im having withdrawal symptoms...

that confirms it. i cant ever switch to an auto, even if its an SMG..

all i want now is a LSD and some beefy tires to handle the powaaahhh!!! lately 3rd gear has been chirping on me,,,
You can chirp in third?? Where is your car, BTW?

About the lack of a LSD, it's one of the great failings of the 6SPD Accord, IMO.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
OwAce said:
your own money? or dads?
my dad is paying for the car. but he says its mine and he tells the whole world how he bought me a new car because I worked so hard for it... but when it comes down to it, its not really mine since I cant mod it. I pay for every single maintenance: oil changes, gas when needed (most of the time I get free gas), brakes went out prematurely... all that, but I cant drop it and add wheels. I was gonna pay the full amount of the V2, but he bumped in and gave me 100 for some odd reason... I was gonna pay the full cost of adding a drop/wheels too.

Anyways thats way OT, but I do feel for you guys, because if I had a modded car like yours I would feel the same.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
APOLLON said:
You can chirp in third?? Where is your car, BTW?

About the lack of a LSD, it's one of the great failings of the 6SPD Accord, IMO.
hehe i think thats a misleading statement. lately when ive been frustrated getting into jersey traffic, i often redline into 2nd and slam 3rd.. :eek: at redline, and the tires chirp on really dusty pavement..

that would be my end of the day frustration...i feel really bad about doing it though.

im dissapointed at how sunny in cali is putting out so much power, but isnt putting it down right.. :(

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
my dad is paying for the car. but he says its mine and he tells the whole world how he bought me a new car because I worked so hard for it... but when it comes down to it, its not really mine since I cant mod it. I pay for every single maintenance: oil changes, gas when needed (most of the time I get free gas), brakes went out prematurely... all that, but I cant drop it and add wheels. I was gonna pay the full amount of the V2, but he bumped in and gave me 100 for some odd reason... I was gonna pay the full cost of adding a drop/wheels too.

Anyways thats way OT, but I do feel for you guys, because if I had a modded car like yours I would feel the same.
i think a) you should be happy you have a nice car.
b) if you want maybe you should tell your dad, i rather take some of that money and put it towards a cheaper to mod car? but then again he wants you to be safe etc and thats why he bought you an accord. its a sensible car.

to him a drop wheels etc = rice. maybe if you show him so real performance/safety related stuff he may give in. hence why i try to keep any "suspension" talk as informative as possible.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
OwAce said:
im dissapointed at how sunny in cali is putting out so much power, but isnt putting it down right.. :(
I dont think he knows about the LSD... if he did I think he would add it without hesitation.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
OwAce said:
i think a) you should be happy you have a nice car.
b) if you want maybe you should tell your dad, i rather take some of that money and put it towards a cheaper to mod car? but then again he wants you to be safe etc and thats why he bought you an accord. its a sensible car.

to him a drop wheels etc = rice. maybe if you show him so real performance/safety related stuff he may give in. hence why i try to keep any "suspension" talk as informative as possible.
I showed him everything imaginable, mind you it wasnt easy to translate it all into spanish! :shock2:

I told him how it would make the car safer in many cases, how it is high quality products, and make it look like woah in the process... his main reply would be "I dont want you to mess up a brand new perfect car" I was like :smack: have you listenened to any of what I just said... :curse: then I just gave up.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
I showed him everything imaginable, mind you it wasnt easy to translate it all into spanish! :shock2:

I told him how it would make the car safer in many cases, how it is high quality products, and make it look like woah in the process... his main reply would be "I dont want you to mess up a brand new perfect car" I was like :smack: have you listenened to any of what I just said... :curse: then I just gave up.
ROFL LMAO!!!

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
I dont think he knows about the LSD... if he did I think he would add it without hesitation.
i think aidan is well awared of the CL-s fitting in. also im upset at the staggered wheel setup he has. 235 is not a wide footprint for a 350whp car... :(

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
OwAce: said:
i think aidan is well awared of the CL-s fitting in. also im upset at the staggered wheel setup he has. 235 is not a wide footprint for a 350whp car... :(
What's strange is that he stated having 265 rear tires, which are getting none of the power. Oh well, maybe that will help in preventing snap oversteer... (j/k)

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
OwAce said:
yea and he put like vette sized tires on the rears :rolleye2:

I guess he could get himself a second set of wheels since the ones he has right now are probably mainly for show purposes.

its a work in progress

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
APOLLON said:
What's strange is that he stated having 265 rear tires, which are getting none of the power. Oh well, maybe that will help in preventing snap oversteer... (j/k)
it will give him severe understeer. but then again i think that setup is meant for SHOW..

its a mad nice trailer queen. i gotta give him mad props for that. i love the car. makes me drool. i just wish he concentrated a little more on the performance aspect more.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts