Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Removeable Roof Rack

I just bought the removeable roof rack and the snowboard attachment for my coup. it was dirt cheap too 300 shipped for both parts.

·
Registered
178 Posts
bro that looks real nice.. im gonna buy the bike rack thing.. were did u get it?? i go biking now so i need one.. thx

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
hey thats pretty cool? how easily removable it is? for instance, how long does it take to remove?

elunicolatino5, u're gonna get the honda rack or yakima?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got it from this website called www.hondapartsdealers.com they are a Honda dealership located in rhode island. i haven't received the parts yet but they'll be coming to VA by friday which is really fast. Ground shipping. The shipping was cheap too...

The rack was cheaper by about 100 dollars cheaper than H&A and Ebay and the snowboard attachment was about 20 bucks cheaper than ebay and H&A... good deal IMO.

·
Deceptively Quick...
339 Posts
Looks good! I got the Yakima version for my mountain bike and kayak. :up2: Good stuff man.

·
Registered
530 Posts
SatinStealth said:
Looks good! I got the Yakima version for my mountain bike and kayak. :up2: Good stuff man.
can you post a pic of your car with it on??

and the original poster, great buy! i've been trying to buy a bike rack for a while..

·
Deceptively Quick...
339 Posts
Here's a pic. It's got my kayak, but you can see the bike attachment. The fork is captured and clamped by a skewer and the back tire is clamped by a ratcheting clamp. BTW, make sure you bungee your pedals to keep them from spinning while you drive - you don't want the pedals to scratch your roof.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
to the guys who have roof racks already on your cars... do you guys get scratches
on your paint where the pads rest?

(I have a FS bike that I take to the beach a lot but I have to throw it in my trunk
and fold the rear seats down, which only leaves one seat open for another
person... sucks.)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alrighty... I installed the rack and the snowboard attachment. It wasn't too hard but u gotta read the directions CAREFULLY. I got a chance to put my board on it this weekend and it held it nice and tight.

Oh and about it scratching, i dont' see how anything can scratch. it's on there really tightly and the part that touches the roof of the car has a rubber pad I tried to pull on it but it woudn't budge at all...

·
Deceptively Quick...
339 Posts
I know exactly what you're referring to... I had warnings stating that if my measurements and placement of the rack weren't spot-on, the whole thing might come loose! Not a nice thought with a kayak on the roof at highway speeds. :eek:

The Yakima rack came with pads on the towers too. The clips have a protective tape covering to prevent metal to metal contact. Enjoy your new-found freedom - just have to put up with more wind noise now. :p

P.S. I finally got the IMG tags to work right in my post above, so no more link-clicking to see the picture. :up2:

·
Deceptively Quick...
339 Posts
raff said:
Alrighty... I installed the rack and the snowboard attachment. It wasn't too hard but u gotta read the directions CAREFULLY. I got a chance to put my board on it this weekend and it held it nice and tight.

Oh and about it scratching, i dont' see how anything can scratch. it's on there really tightly and the part that touches the roof of the car has a rubber pad I tried to pull on it but it woudn't budge at all...

Where are the after pics?! I know what the naked roof looks like. :p

:needpics:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SatinStealth said:
Where are the after pics?! I know what the naked roof looks like. :p

:needpics:
LOL ok ok fine i'll try'n post pics tonite with my new Sony DSC - T7 5.1MP camera
:D

oh and my rack doesn't make much noise at all... and if it does i can NOT notice it so it's all good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts