Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
Might I give you a suggestion?

I had the 4300K kit, it was GREAT! awsome light output.... but then I upgraded to phillips ultinon 6000K Kit from xenon depot, OMG it was so much better. So from personal experience, u should grab the 6000K kit from the get go.

·
Registered
115 Posts
^^^ yea go 6000k, i have 4300k now and it looks too much like OEM bulb color just brighter. Those will fit, my boy has them on his Impala and tried then on mine and they fit fine, it'll plug right in, just remember to get 9006 D2R bulbs.

OEM = bulb <-to-> wiring harness

HID kit = bulb <-to-> ballast <-to-> wiring harness

Simple.

Peace.

·
Registered
406 Posts
dont mean to hi-jack but before I had the philips 6000k , it looks great and all but it's not putting out too much color. Should the 8000k b betteR?

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
xjdMb16a2six said:
just remember the higher K you go the less light output there is and more glares.
exactly. almost all oe HID is 4100-4300.
xjdMb16a2six said:
just stay 6000k and its koo.
a bit contradicting?

many people who are stuck debating between lumen output and color temp find that 5300 is a happy medium (slightly blue, but still bright and not much glare). i would personally stick with 4300.

this whole temperature thing has been hyped up with marketing since day1. anything higher than 6000 is plain silly. at around TRUE 6000, the light starts turning purple. kits that market "12k" are stupid. 12k is nearly black!

·
Registered
115 Posts
It looks like the bulbs that kit bring are the right ones. Just email them and ask.

D2R bulbs are for reflector headlights like ours, they have a little strip of paint to kill some glare.

D2S bulbs don't have the strip because they are for projector lights like the Evo or S2000.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have that kit in mine. just make sure you install it correctly b/c the heat from other engine components will burn thru the wires and your kit won't work.

·
Registered
443 Posts
siirkus said:
how much does it cost to have it professionally installed?

if your in the nyc area. i can install it for you... i'm running retro'ed s2ks on mine..

pm me if anything

·
Registered
487 Posts
yeah you get them rebased into any bulb size.. 9006, 9005, h11, h3.. also i would just suggest you DIY.. its actually really easy to do.. hardest part would prob be taking off the bumper.

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
JIGAR29 said:
get the philips G4 Ultinon 6000k kit. Runs about $499.00 ON ebay. worht every penny.
what's the G4 mean? just outta curiosity.....

Always thought that phillips only had 1 type of ballast, and that Hella has like 4 or something...

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
theres someone sellin hids in the for sale forums 275$ not sure.. there called halo hids..i duno if they any good?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts