Accord V6 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· ♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
hahah nah man i like the look of the mazda3 5-door wagon/hatch lol plus the headlights look better than the 6 :p i need the hids but with that option it comes with the auto on/off i don't really care for the auto sensing wipers tho...it hardly rains here haha i guess i'm a lazy driver...that's why i'm sticking with the automatic :D

· constantly in pursuit
5,289 Posts
22-24k? bmw m coupe. if i needed a sedan... maybe an e39 540 6 speed? i dont think the m5's have come down in price that far. idk how much the tl's are now, but i'd take one of those over a mazda.

i guess i'm just not a big fan of buying cars new, taking the depriciation hit. i'd rather have a car with >20k miles on it and pay 1/2 the sticker.

· J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
4,783 Posts
Chrisnick does make a good point about the Mazda 6 though. People seem to be able to haggle the price down a bit more on those. So you could probably get an almost-loaded 6s GT for the same price as a loaded 3s GT.

When I was shopping for cars, my local Mazda dealer had tons of 6's on the lot, but only a couple 3's: one i Touring and one s Grand Touring, both sedans. They didn't have a single 5-door on the lot.

The 3 seems to be more exclusive and harder to find than the 6, which hurts the buyer's ability to haggle on the price. A dealer will be much more willing to negotiate on a car that's sitting on the lot readily available than one that you have to special order.

To get a loaded black/black 3s GT, I would've had to order it and wait several weeks to get it. The dealer wasn't going to budge on the price, either.

At the time, Mazda was offering some killer rebates and lease deals on the leftover 2006 MazdaSpeed 6's. My local dealer had at least 6 of them sitting on the lot that I could see. I probably could've gotten one for the same monthly payment as my Accord, but the MS6 is a little too sporty for me. Plus, I wanted an automatic, so that ruled it out.

· BULLPOO
8,500 Posts
hammer03 said:
22-24k? bmw m coupe. if i needed a sedan... maybe an e39 540 6 speed? i dont think the m5's have come down in price that far. idk how much the tl's are now, but i'd take one of those over a mazda.

i guess i'm just not a big fan of buying cars new, taking the depriciation hit. i'd rather have a car with >20k miles on it and pay 1/2 the sticker.

I knew you'd say BMW. ;) Kind of a loaded question I guess.

BMW < reliable. :D

I see what you are saying though. If I could do it over, I'd wouldn't have bought my STi new.

· V6P wandering idiot
3,789 Posts
SixSpeeder said:
I'm calling the 2.3 motor which Mazda makes reliable, not the 2.0 motor which Ford makes. :D

I would never do such a thing btw, I'm a GM guy.
they're both "Maz/ord" engines. The 2L and the 2.3L share the same basic arcitecture.(think K24/K20 relationship) They're nearly identical and were a joint venture design between Mazda and Ford. The MazdaSpeed 3/6's engine is related to it also, but is WAY more advanced with DGI and the like. Nearly all of Mazda's line uses it(including the MX-5), and i *think* Ford uses it in the Ranger and the Focus.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.