Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are no ford v6 guys on this site, probably because we have our own site, but hey i am here now and just wanted to say "hey" to the other v6 world. Oh i guess i get to break the ford v6 virginity on this site.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
v604mustangjoe said:
There are no ford v6 guys on this site, probably because we have our own site, but hey i am here now and just wanted to say "hey" to the other v6 world. Oh i guess i get to break the ford v6 virginity on this site.
welkommen. what do you think of the 3.5 liter v6 ford cyclone engine due out this summer?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
<<<< POSTER = LAZY lol sorry about no pics but yaea i'll get some

I am telling my ford buddies about this place, since it'd be neat to get a bunch of variety of cars to race that are in the v6 class. They are all on v6power.net (a mostly ford and a few GM v6 guys,)

the new ford cylcone engine is nice, i hope they make a 3.8 version and put it in the mustang ,that'd be nice. The engine was designed with turbocharging in mind as well as direct fuel injection, so it should see some improvements over the next few years.

The v6 used in the mustangs from 1994-2004 is the 3.8 pushrod v6 thats about as old as the dinosaurs, and just b/c its old, it still can bite like a dinosaur would if it was still around lol.

so here are some pics...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only problems i am having with my 1/4 mile time is my 1st to 2nd shift on my chip needs adjusting, after that it should do a 15 flat to high 14 (if i am lucky)

I am majoring in automotive right now at college, next year i might take my heads to class for some fun :D

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
looks good.

:up2:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
wht/accord99v6 said:
It's nice to see some American muscle here. The new Mustang is definitely on my new car list.
thanks for the comments on the pics.
yea deffinently, the new mustang has a quantum leap forward in quality and technology over the older model, and a quantum leap back in styling (a good thing)

I got mine right when the 05 came out, i got mine with the ford A plan (gramps worked at ford for 30 years) for 14,500 dollars :eek: !
I am glad i got the 04 v6 over the 05 b/c at the time there was no aftermarket parts for the 05, and there just comming out with a full line of stuff now. Most of our parts are home brewed things, the only big stuff we can get is procharger/vortech kits, other than that we have to buy home made stuff basicly, such as the turbo kits, cnced heads with bigger valves, and a lot of our parts like pistons, valves, rocker arms, connecting rods are from our v8 big brothers, but still they've managed to push a few v6es into the 10s, a n/a fox body with newer v6 dropped into it into the 11s no nitrous, and 10s with nitrous, 10.996 on a stock long block with twin turbos.

yea sadly my mom sold the corvette :mad: :furious:

·
Registered
16 Posts
1990 White on Tan Leather MTX SHO: short throw shifter, Delrin subframe bushings, subframeSHOshop front/rear strut braces connectors, Lightened flywheel (7.5 lbs ), removed secondary venturie intake tubes, bypassed T.B. coolant ports( for colder intake temp), Borla cat-back exhaust, upgraded polycarbonate sway bar links(front) with centrifigal grease boots, Unbreakable front /rear motor mounts, Aluminum TBS, 80mm MAF, K&N, 190lph fuel pump, 75 shot of Nitrous, full 60K as of 04/12/06

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
nice to see some ford guys comin over here, I hope this doesnt turn into a Import vs. Domestic war but I'm sure it won't. I really want the new Mustang GT or even better a Saleen lol.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
I'll take two of the new cobra when it comes out. One red/white, the other yellow/black :hide:

·
BULLPOO
4,241 Posts
blackhawk411 said:
nice to see some ford guys comin over here, I hope this doesnt turn into a Import vs. Domestic war but I'm sure it won't. I really want the new Mustang GT or even better a Saleen lol.

I've read somewhere the new N/A Saleen is a a few 10ths of a second slower in a run to 60 and in the 1/4 than the stock GT. I read that it's because of the gigantic wheels and bodykit that it slows it down a bit. To much mass to turn and weight to push. Def. looks cooler than the stock GT though.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Maybe, I was too lazy to actually look at the saleen kit and just guessed that the kit included some engine internals or somethin of that nature

1 - 20 of 44 Posts