Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm looking for the APC Euro Dash, preferably in Black or Carbon Fiber. I've searched everywhere and I coudn't find anything. Anyone willing to sell their set or know of any place where I could find one? I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,436 Posts
yeah you're not going to be able to find it in those colors. I think right now you can only get blue, red, yellow and white through ebay if they are still available. You can be a rebel like robbyx_209[9] and paint it black yourself
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
CRV_33 said:
yeah you're not going to be able to find it in those colors. I think right now you can only get blue, red, yellow and white through ebay if they are still available. You can be a rebel like robbyx_209[9] and paint it black yourself
:stupid: hahaha, if you're gonna paint it, buy the yellow one, it's the cheapest... thats what i did and turned out great.. hey CRV, didn't you plan on painting yours also??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. If I have to do some painting then it won't be a problem. HOWEVER, I know there has to be one out there somewhere/someone on here might be willing to sell their set. I'm hopeful :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
Landshark said:
Thanks for the replies. If I have to do some painting then it won't be a problem. HOWEVER, I know there has to be one out there somewhere/someone on here might be willing to sell their set. I'm hopeful :D
i did the waiting game also... didn't work out for me :p ... so i gave up and bought one from ebay and painted it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
robbyx_209[9] said:
i did the waiting game also... didn't work out for me :p ... so i gave up and bought one from ebay and painted it...
haha...okay so I literally ordered what I wanted...twice...and got two calls back saying they didn't have it. So,

How easy is it to paint? :p I'm worried that I won't be able to get to the trim that wraps around the odometer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
Landshark said:
haha...okay so I literally ordered what I wanted...twice...and got two calls back saying they didn't have it. So,

How easy is it to paint? :p I'm worried that I won't be able to get to the trim that wraps around the odometer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :cool:
yea, taping it off was pretty difficult... luckily i had an aluminum bezel to work with... i used it like a stencil to cut out pieces to cover the lenses for the gauges and the other displays... the 3 chrome gauge rings are actually very easy to pull apart, just pull it carefully/slowly...

i don't really have a use for the aluminum bezel anymore, so if you need it maybe you can just pay for the shipping, so let me know :) let me know if you need help with it, you can hit me up on AIM if you want.. good luck :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
robbyx_209[9] said:
yea, taping it off was pretty difficult... luckily i had an aluminum bezel to work with... i used it like a stencil to cut out pieces to cover the lenses for the gauges and the other displays... the 3 chrome gauge rings are actually very easy to pull apart, just pull it carefully/slowly...

i don't really have a use for the aluminum bezel anymore, so if you need it maybe you can just pay for the shipping, so let me know :) let me know if you need help with it, you can hit me up on AIM if you want.. good luck :)
Thanks for the help :cool: I'll probably order a set tonight and let you know if I have any problems painting. Thanks again!

btw: from your experience, would it be easier to paint over a yellow, red or white Euro Dash? I don't think it would make a difference, but then again maybe it does. Thanks for your help :D

also, any pics of your dash after painting? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,436 Posts
well even if you dont have that aluminum piece was talking about you necessarily dont need it to cut make a template he did. You can use that black bezel that sits over the gauges to make a template like robby did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
CRV_33 said:
well even if you dont have that aluminum piece was talking about you necessarily dont need it to cut make a template he did. You can use that black bezel that sits over the gauges to make a template like robby did.
:stupid: :D that works too ;)


BTW, no it doesn't matter what color you get, only in price, so get a yellow one...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ordered! A White set is on the way :D

So just a quick question: did you say that the chrome rings can be removed? Also, what type of paint did you use? Did you sand it down first? Just wondering. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
Landshark said:
Ordered! A White set is on the way :D

So just a quick question: did you say that the chrome rings can be removed? Also, what type of paint did you use? Did you sand it down first? Just wondering. :cool:
yea they can be removed, it's easy... ummm, for paint i just used black paint for plastics... rust-oleum brand? from home depot... you don't need to sand it down, and with the paint that i used i didn't have to primer neither...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
if ur willing to pay $128, summitracing.com has them, i just got mine today, once i get my gauges and leds, i'll be putting it all on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
yea, its carbon fiber, just search for euro dash on summitracing.com , it doesn't indicate that its from APC but i recieved it today, its apc and carbon fiber with the chrome rings
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top