Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
8th World Wonder
1,245 Posts
David,

I bought a shift boot from the Accord EX 4cylinder. Perfect match to the interior. Cost maybe $20 and takes a little bit of work to get it to fit good.

·
8th World Wonder
1,245 Posts
Yea, there is a plastic base and ugly silve top that you need to take off to have access to the material.

Here is a pic with my old stock shift knob. Looks funky together so I swapped our knobs.

·
jinsoku.com
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GotVtec said:
Yea, there is a plastic base and ugly silve top that you need to take off to have access to the material.

Here is a pic with my old stock shift knob. Looks funky together so I swapped our knobs.
that looks good, but is it going to cover up the knob that much?

it looks like the stock knob is all covered up except for the button part....will that be the same for the aftermarket one...?

·
8th World Wonder
1,245 Posts
I just had it all the way out to cover up that much. You will need to cut it to fit perfectly, I just ahdn't cut much because I didn't know how much to do with my new knob.

Any other aftermarket boot will need the same fabrications to get to work good. jasonh1234 did a good DIY write-up on how to get the boot to fit and work.

·
Banned
3,284 Posts
i have brand new silver momo shift boot. pm me for details

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
i got a oem shift boot from a 98 accord manual..let me noe if u're interested..willing to sell for $25 shipped..still in great condition..no tears or rip!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts