Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im Looking For A Stock Radio/cd Player For The 6th Gen Accord...ex Model Preferably. If U Have A Cd Changer Too, That Would Be Great, If Not, It Fine. Im Located In Socal, Lakewood To Be Exact. Pm Me If U Have Them For Sale. Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
bun_bv6 said:
Im Looking For A Stock Radio/cd Player For The 6th Gen Accord...ex Model Preferably. If U Have A Cd Changer Too, That Would Be Great, If Not, It Fine. Im Located In Socal, Lakewood To Be Exact. Pm Me If U Have Them For Sale. Thanks

hey wussup man, my friend actually has a stock radio with cd, it came off of his 98 accord ex coupe because he got an aftermarket head unit. He doest have a radio code though. maybe i can call honda and find out for you..but my mom called before they charged her aruond 30 bucks.

-charliee

·
ExSlammed Club Member #52
1,454 Posts
chaahsuibao said:
hey wussup man, my friend actually has a stock radio with cd, it came off of his 98 accord ex coupe because he got an aftermarket head unit. He doest have a radio code though. maybe i can call honda and find out for you..but my mom called before they charged her aruond 30 bucks.

-charliee
When I sold my stock radio, I had to get the code from the dealer as well, but they didnt charge me. all they had to do was get some numbers off of it. Then they wrote the code down on a sheet of paper, and that was it. If you have to pay, that is stupid. Just thought Id let you know. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
a99blackaccord said:
When I sold my stock radio, I had to get the code from the dealer as well, but they didnt charge me. all they had to do was get some numbers off of it. Then they wrote the code down on a sheet of paper, and that was it. If you have to pay, that is stupid. Just thought Id let you know. Thanks.
oh hey black accord, thanks for the heads up! yea i heard about providing them with the info needed for them to get the radio code. i was wondering where would i find that info at? all they need is the radio serial and your car's vin number? thanks again.

-charliee

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have the following radios with codes

1) Stock EX Cassette/CD Player (no changer) $60 shipped

2) Stock EX CD Player (No changer) $50 shipped

3) Stock EX Tape Player (5th gen, but fits 6th gen) $35 Shipped

Remember I have the codes to all three

·
Registered
683 Posts
chaahsuibao said:
oh hey black accord, thanks for the heads up! yea i heard about providing them with the info needed for them to get the radio code. i was wondering where would i find that info at? all they need is the radio serial and your car's vin number? thanks again.

-charliee
when you call the dealer they just ask for the serial number of the radio

·
Registered
647 Posts
AV6EerbZz said:
when you call the dealer they just ask for the serial number of the radio

Normally, you can't just call the dealer. You have to go there with your license and vehicle registration. That's the purpose of having a coded radio.
Otherwise, anyone can steal the radio and call the dealer to get the code.
Also the name on the license must match the name on the registration to show that it's your car and your radio

1 - 7 of 7 Posts