Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a long shot, but I need the VTEC Solenoid from a 2000 accord V6. Mine is fried, so I need a new one ASAP. It costs about $125 brand new, so im looking for a cheaper price hopefully. Thanks

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
atanarus said:
Just curious, how did you manage to fry your VTEC solenoid???
Well, it didnt fry, it just doesnt work anymore :p I just used the word "fry" in order to convey my desperate pain :D

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BlackV62K2 said:
Does it not cross over or something? Low oil can cause vtec not to function.
My mechanic said the solenoid is dead, which is something i figured. My oil pressure is fine so it cant be that. So yea, i just need the solenoid.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes, the CEL is on, and the car just runs in lean mode at total crappage, lol. Especially on the freeway its soooooo slow that even little civics are passing me. Everytime I i try and press down on the pedal it just slowly accelerates.......and when I slam on the pedal the car will just shoot up to about 5,000 and stop, and you dont feel that VTEC push......im 100% sure its the VTEC solenoid, thanks for the link, and are you sure its the right one? Its so cheap :) It states that the entire package (#12) is the Valve Assembly which is where the oil filter goes. But it never directly says anything about a VTEC Solenoid :confused:

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Item #12 is just solenoid it needs to be replaced is solenoid burned out.
Item #13 is VTEC valve assembly it needs to be replaced if there is something wrong with valve or assembly housing.

However, you’re describing condition of car operating in safe (limp) mode. In safe mode engine will not rev above 5000RPM and VTEC won’t work.
ECU can go into safe mode if car was operated with trouble codes for extended period of time or has severe problem.
So, your VTEC system might be OK

Do you know what trouble codes caused CEL to come on?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HONDA_99 said:
Item #12 is just solenoid it needs to be replaced is solenoid burned out.
Item #13 is VTEC valve assembly it needs to be replaced if there is something wrong with valve or assembly housing.

However, you’re describing condition of car operating in safe (limp) mode. In safe mode engine will not rev above 5000RPM and VTEC won’t work.
ECU can go into safe mode if car was operated with trouble codes for extended period of time or has severe problem.
So, your VTEC system might be OK

Do you know what trouble codes caused CEL to come on?
I really dont know, my mechanic did all the diagonistics. He just told me that I needed to replace my VTEC solenoid. My car is so damn slow now :D

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Can you find out what trouble code was there?
And preferably to have it in digits (like P1259) and not as description of trouble code.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts