Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I've been having a lil'problem with my clutch lately.It's lazy.It doesn't return right away all the time. It really does it when I get into it a lil'bit. Well, I dropped it off at a Honda dealer this morning & they claim...they found no problems. Supposedly 3 different people drove it & still they say no problem. Has anyone else with a 7th generation expierenced this problem?Holla!!

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
hmmmm...i haven't noticed it on mine...it bounces back to the original position...is it affecting your drivetrain and/or shifting?

·
863 Posts
i kinda had a similar problem, and mainly the pedal squeaking. There's a tsb out for it, and the work is being done wednesday.

Does your pedal squeak???

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it used to squeek.I guess I should turn the stereo down to check this. Also...did anybody else's display on the radio go out?My fuses r fine & the system works but I have no display for the radio/cd or a/c.The dealer said that it was a common problem but I guess since I have so many miles on the car they're not going to warranty it. They wanted me to buy another one. They must be out they're rockers.

·
863 Posts
yeah, check for the squeak. I'm going to see if once they replace the cylinder if my clutch feels better. I'll get the tsb number if you need it.

The radio: common prob. How many miles are on the car? Ask the dealership for goodwill, or go to another dealer.

·
Registered
195 Posts
trapshot68 said:
yeah, check for the squeak. I'm going to see if once they replace the cylinder if my clutch feels better. I'll get the tsb number if you need it.

Senor Trap....

..please keep us in the loop about the replacement cylinder/clutch feel...............

and is the TSB about 'squeak' or clutch operation (or both)?

Great car. I hate to say it (but I will) BMW makes better clutches(......admittedly at a much higher per cent of my naval reserve pay...............)

best, ez.....

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
my clutch was creaking at 13k, brought in tsb and dealer changed my cylinder. im at 24k and its starting to do the same exact thing :mad: gotta take it in again :(

·
863 Posts
Well, so far the word:

Had the slave changed wednesday. So far, feels very good. It definentally feels like the clutch disengages when you push on the pedal. However, I'm worried that with the clutch still chattering occationally.

I had the dealership note it, and they're saying it will be tied to the slave cylinder (i.e. slave caused premature wear on the clutch; they'll honor a replacement if the problem persists.)

However, if they don't, it looks like ACT may prototype me a clutch setup :D They're down the street from my house, and an ex-coworker is working there now. :woot:

Also, i'm trying another idea this weekend and get back to you guys about the result.

Trapshot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts