Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you are aware, Excelerate is doing a group by for the new XLR8 V2 J-pipe. As soon the group buy reaches the number, I will be purchasing it. :D
Most of you have seen the link to the Acura 4-Stages exhaust mod thread by now. I've decided I want to do the Stage 2 mod in addition to the j-pipe. And was wondering how much of a sound/power difference this will make.
I've heard different people say different things in regards to the sound difference with the J-pipe, and was wondering if the J-pipe + Stage 2 exhaust mod would make it much louder?
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Make it much louder than what? Stock? Or Stage 2 without the Jpipe?

The general consensus (myself included) is that the Jpipes really don't do much in terms of making the exhaust 'louder.' The Jpipe will change the tone of the exhaust though. It may get slightly louder, but not enough to say "man, after the install of the Jpipe my exhaust is too loud." More like "oh wow, I really like the change in tone and am pretty excited it didn't get much louder and still gave me the oooo ahhhhh feeling in my butt without having to resort to ghey s3x."

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
Lmao. I am actually thinking about keeping my mufflers and replacing everything from the pcd back through the midpipe. I just dont know if I want to risk getting pulled over for an exhaust in my the accord and having them pop the hood, game over. Happened to a friend, had to return exhaust to stock in 30 days even though it was just an apexi catback :| Will take the few HP loss.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
^^ Just for a catback? That's crazy. You could always go for the HFPCs from Richie, which apparently yield similar gains when compared to the PCDs and still keep the cats in place. Best of both worlds ;)

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
How similar? Any dynos? I found that on their site, and am kinda interested, but its a lot more $$ and I have no idea about the performance gain. I just know that the magnaflow HFCat for my old solara was supposed to give you 1-2 hp lol

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Still cheaper than even 1 OEM cat :ugh:

Honestly, if the PCDs gain 10-12whp untuned, the HFCs will probably do 7-9. The difference really should be almost negligible. I'm not 100% sure if any dynos were done to be honest, so I could be speculating. But you will definitely gain more than 1-2hp.

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
true. Wonder if a shop would actually be willing to install these? Is there anybody here or on azine that has these?

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
AZine sure. Here, not sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts