Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this could really be anywhere

but my CEL on my car had been going on for a while now. came on first way back in october. went away after a day. came back 2 months ago, went away. came back last night, and that was it for me. i was like time to find me a new dealer.

after searching i decided on madison honda. they told me of the $100 honda owners club, that gives you a rental anytime you bring a car in for more than 2 hours.

so today i go in at 720, and im out of the dealership at 725 in a 03 4dr lx.

not shabby. come back at 730 pm out at 734 in my car with no CEL.

im happy.

anyhow while there i saw a black 6spd with the front cradle dropped, and the tranny out. no clue what that story was all about, but one tech said clutch and i freaked out. then the mgr said no they ran over something and we had to replaced the tranny housing on it.

but heres something wack..since moving to work in NJ, ive seen 2 other black 6spds...till now i had only seen MAYBE 4 other 6speeds on the road...

·
Registered
33 Posts
There are alot of 6spds in central / northern nj. I live in somerville and I have seen atleast six cars other than mine around;

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sa863c said:
There are alot of 6spds in central / northern nj. I live in somerville and I have seen atleast six cars other than mine around;
sweet, do you work out there as well? who is your honda dealer? i live in the city and commute to florham park for work.

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
black 6MT is very common color ;) but for some reason... I see a lot of red 6MT where i live.

Kinda another reason why I swapped to a 6MT. I was at a light about to make a right turn, this mom pulls up in a 03 red 6MT. I was still rollin in my black auto V6 and it really got me thinkin :confused:

·
Stoner Boner
830 Posts
I've seen 2 other black 6 speeds here in Orlando, a white one, no red, my friend's blue one (lives about an hour outside Orlando). That's about it, mostly are I4's and auto's.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stoner said:
I've seen 2 other black 6 speeds here in Orlando, a white one, no red, my friend's blue one (lives about an hour outside Orlando). That's about it, mostly are I4's and auto's.
yaaaaaaay raaaaaaare car! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
OwAce said:
sweet, do you work out there as well? who is your honda dealer? i live in the city and commute to florham park for work.

I work in Princeton and currently use Clinton Honda, although, If I have to bring my car back one more time for them to 'not reproduce' my trans problems, I am looking for a new dealer...

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sa863c said:
I work in Princeton and currently use Clinton Honda, although, If I have to bring my car back one more time for them to 'not reproduce' my trans problems, I am looking for a new dealer...
wow princeton? isnt that like an hour south or something... :eek:

try madison honda, they treated me really well, it was my first visit their though.

·
Registered
813 Posts
There are alot of 6-speeds where i live i can count like 8 that i have seen, maybe its because i work at a dealership and get them all the time!

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Andrew said:
There are alot of 6-speeds where i live i can count like 8 that i have seen, maybe its because i work at a dealership and get them all the time!
you cheater., :p

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
sa863c said:
i work there :D hahaha. tell them to let me drive it, and ill just tell them the problems you say you have and get you a new 6 speed, hahaha, yea right. but yea, what exactally are the problems you have?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sketch o5 said:
i work there :D hahaha. tell them to let me drive it, and ill just tell them the problems you say you have and get you a new 6 speed, hahaha, yea right. but yea, what exactally are the problems you have?

I am not really interested in getting a new 6pd, but the current problem is that after the car is good and warm (15-20mins of back road driving) when down shifting at low rpm (3k and below) there is a vibration / chattering in the clutch when releasing it slowly. I get this from 5th-->4th, 4th-->3rd, 3rd-->2nd. It is much more noticeable when you are on the brakes. If I rev match between the gears, let it out fast, or let it out at high rpm I can't feel it. I took the tech for a ride last week, and he couldn't feel it... I was thinking of getting it good and warm and stopping by one day to take a tech for a ride?

The other problem that I had was getting into 2nd and 3rd when the car was cold, but that seems to be getting better (just passed 10k miles) and hasn't happened in over 2 weeks.

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
i just drove a 06 v6 6 speed, and yea, they got some balls, haha, i finished driving it and got into my car for my lunch brake, haha, i own a 98 sedan 4 banger, ha man, i was depressed, haha. but i didnt have any of those problems your said, so yea, maybe get the car all good and warmed up and come take a guy for a ride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts